Whitmore’s Timber Ltd is an established glazing bead supplier and manufacturer of hardwood, MDF and veneer wrapped profiles, as well as lippings and other products.
We supply our window glazing beads to various industries including Furniture, Joinery and Flooring & Building among others. All products can be supplied in either random or cross-cut lengths to suit your requirements.
In addition to offering a completely bespoke service to meet individual project requirements, we also stock a wide range of popular, ready-cut window beading profiles including:
- FD30 glazing bead
- FD60 glazing bead
- Circular glazing beads
What Are Glazing Beads?
Window glazing beads are the cuts of wood or MDF that essentially form the perimeter of a window space and are responsible for safely securing the glass pane or the window frame itself. Other materials such as plastics or aluminium are sometimes used, but timber glazing beads are often the most popular choice due to their aesthetic advantages.
This is important as, when installed properly, the glazing beads should not be intrusive, but should blend in with the window design itself in a subtle manner to create a neat appearance.
- Industry experts with the skills to match any bespoke item, whether MDF or timber beads
- Our vastly skilled team routinely produce specific cutters for the job
- State-of-the-art in-house facilities including our CNC machine mean we can produce unique cuts including circular glazing beads
- Laminated timber components are available
- Committed to delivering the highest standard of customer care
- The best quality at the best price; our products are manufactured in-house, allowing us to minimise costs and pass the savings onto you
Hardwood Glazing Beads
Our hardwood glazing beads are the most popular type of bead glazing that we offer. This is partly due to their striking natural aesthetics, however, there are a number of other advantages to choosing wooden glazing beads too.
Perhaps most significant is they provide a highly customisable finish. The natural qualities of wood-based products means that most hardwood window beading can be easily painted, stained and waxed, so can be tailored to suit the individual’s taste.